When people get mouth sores, one of the things they can do while waiting for it to heal is evaluate what they’re eating and make some changes. Here are some tips from Jurich Dental Family, Cosmetic, and Sedation Dentistry in San Antonio and Shavano Park that can help minimize the discomfort of eating and help to increase the speed of healing.
- Eat soft or pureed foods. Don’t worry, you won’t have to eat baby food. Plenty of adult dishes fit the bill. Yogurt, mashed potatoes, smoothies are good choices.
- Keep your meals bland for a while. It might make for boring eats, but watch out for overly spicy, tart, salty or acidic foods while you have a mouth sore.
- Keep it cool. Only eat meals served at room temperature or chilled.
- Use a straw. This way, whatever you are drinking can avoid contact with the mouth sore altogether.
- Moisten dry foods. You can add sauces, dressings, and gravies to your meals.
At Jurich Dental Family, Cosmetic, and Sedation Dentistry in San Antonio and Shavano Park, our specialty is dental health. We offer complete restorative dentistry. People from Boerne, Helotes, and Leon Springs also come to our practice for cosmetic and sedation dentistry. Call to schedule an appointment today!