At Jurich Dental we will do everything we can to preserve your natural teeth, but sometimes a tooth extraction is unavoidable. If you are in need of having a tooth pulled, we will make it a painless and efficient procedure without sacrificing your comfort.
Why You Might Need a Tooth Extraction
Our patients might need a tooth extracted for one of the following reasons:
- Decay that has spread deep into the teeth and caused disease.
- Trauma to the mouth that damages a permanent tooth.
- Your teeth are crowding too much, either by wisdom teeth coming in or the occasional extra tooth caused by genetics.
If you suspect any symptoms that might point to a tooth extraction, call us right away to schedule an exam. We want to help you be worry-free and pain-free!
Tooth Extraction Guidelines in San Antonio
When you come to our office for a tooth extraction, you can expect the following:
- Sedation: During a tooth extraction, you might want laughing gas to help you have a more pleasant experience. We’ll also administer localized anesthesia so your procedure will be as pain-free as possible. Remember that your mouth will be numb for a few hours, so avoid chewing on anything so you don’t bite your cheek or your tongue.
- Minimal Bleeding: Following an extraction, we’ll press gauze pack over the area. Keep this in for at least 30 minutes. After you remove the gauze, you might have some minimal bleeding.
- Cleaning Your Mouth: Don’t do anything to disturb the blood clot while your mouth is healing. Avoid brushing the teeth right next to the extraction until the next day. Gently rinse your mouth with warm salt water after you eat, and avoid using straws.
Wisdom Teeth Removal
Do you need wisdom tooth extraction? At Jurich Dental we understand how painful and inconvenient wisdom teeth can be. Whether your wisdom tooth is causing you pain or it’s impacted, we provide wisdom teeth removal for you!
The Wisdom Tooth Extraction Process
There are two types of wisdom tooth extractions our team can help you with:
Simple Extraction: When the dentist can see your tooth, we use a tool called an elevator to loosen it and then we pull it out.
Surgical Extraction: When we can’t see your tooth or if the tooth is broken off at the gum line, it is surgically removed with a small incision.
Do You Need a Tooth Extraction?
Don’t wait to take care of your teeth! If you have a decayed tooth that needs to come out, or if you need wisdom teeth removal, call our office today to schedule an appointment. Our compassionate team is ready to help your mouth feel healthy and happy. Contact us or a tooth extraction in San Antonio via phone call, text, or using the form on this page. We look forward to assisting you!