Here is some vital news for anyone who cares about their dental health: periodontal disease, or gum disease, is a main cause of tooth loss among adults. There is also evidence that it is associated with heart disease. Fortunately, this problem is easy to treat if it is found in the early stages, especially by a dental team like Jurich Dental.
What warning signs should you be looking for?
- Gums that bleed frequently
- Gums that appear tender, swollen, or very red, or gums that have visible pus in between them when they are pushed
- Your bite changes or your teeth suddenly don’t seem to fit together
- Gums that are pulling away from the teeth
- A bad taste in the mouth or chronic bad breath
Hopefully, you are not noticing any of these things. If you are not removing plaque between your teeth, however, your gums are at risk. Brushing alone is not enough—make sure you floss daily.
Regular check-ups with your dentist are another critical weapon in the fight against gum disease.
I’m Doctor Levi Jurich of Jurich Dental Family Cosmetic and Sedation Dentistry. We take pride in caring for our patients and want them to have a healthy and attractive smile. Many of our patients wonder if a smile makeover is right for them. If you’d like to know, schedule an appointment and we’ll take a look!
Our practice offers: