1. Which of the items below are risk factors for gum disease (periodontitis)?
2. Which of the items below are possible signs of gum disease?
a. Teeth that appear longer
b. A change in the way dentures fit
c. Bad breath
d. Tender gums
3. Which of the things listed below are possible health problems linked to untreated gum disease?
b. Low birth weight babies
c. Parkinson’s disease
4. What percentage of men and women age 65+ have gum disease?
5. Which of the following procedures are used for gum disease?
a. Scaling and root planing
b. Gum grafting
c. Flap surgery
d. Flip surgery
1. All of the above. Pregnancy, menopause, or any other condition that causes hormonal changes is a risk factor as is any type of malocclusion.
2. All of the above. Note: some patients don’t observe any symptoms.
Hi, I’m Dr. Stewart of William J. Stewart Jr. DDS Advanced Family & Cosmetic Dentistry in San Antonio. Gum disease usually responds favorably to treatment—especially if caught early. If you haven’t seen a dentist in a while, or have been noticing troubles with your gums or teeth, I invite you to call 210-493-3040 today to schedule an appointment.
Contact William J. Stewart Jr. DDS Advanced Family & Cosmetic Dentistry: 210-493-3040
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
13220 Huebner Rd
San Antonio, Texas